Monday, May 22, 2006

Wow, some weeks ago I wrote about my two year old son Ethan and the pain he was having in his ankle area. Turns out after a follow up appointment that he had a bone infection! Poor little guy knew he was in some serious pain. He spent 5 days at Greenville Memorial. Turns out it was Strep A. The bacteria ate a small hole in his bone. Fortunately, it will grow back. He's on the road to recovery. He has a pick line where we feed the antiobiotics through. He'll be on that for a month and then all should be well. It was so hard to see my son go through that at the hospital; everything from trying to find a vein in his little arm to putting him down for the surgery. Reminds me to treasure the time I have with my family. Life is so fragile

1 comment:

Kevin Stilley said...

Wow. We will pray for your little guy. It is very difficult to watch our loved one's suffer, but especially so when they are so young and vulnerable.