Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Congratulations to Darren Gaddis who was elected President of the Kentucky Baptist Convention today! Darren is Pastor of Central Baptist Church in Corbin, Kentucky. He and I met the first few hours I arrived on the campus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas. I was moving in to the dorm and he introduced himself. We became instant friends and we were roommates for a semester or two. I was in his wedding, he was in mine. Darren and I were able to hook up in Greensboro, NC this past summer at the Southern Baptist Convention for a few hours and it was great to catch up with him. I always have a great laugh when I see him. He is one of the funniest guys I know. I am grateful that he sent the student ministry of their church down here a couple of summers ago to help me out with outreach at Ridgeview. He will do a great job as KBC President and I will continue to pray for him as he leads.

No comments: