I picked this up this week. It is known as the responsibility process. I know it will help me because there are things on my mind at times that take more energy there mulling about them than to deal with them. Maybe this will help you?
1. What is a difficult or troubling situation in your life?
2. What payoffs or benefits do you get for keeping it like it is?
3. What costs do you pay for keeping it like it is?
4. How do you create, promote, or allow it to be the way it is?
5. What do you pretend not to know?
6. What do you want?
7. What actions could you take and what requests could you make to get it?
8. When will you do that?