Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What is God's Will?

 
What is God's Will?
 
This Sunday I will begin a new series entitled, "What's God's Will For Me?" There are so many decisions to be made in life. Should I get married? Is it him or her? Should I go to college? Should I take that job? I already have a good job. Should we have another baby? Should we adopt? Our decisions do matter! It's been said we make our decisions and then our decisions make us. Many people, perhaps even you, wonder what is God's will concerning the particular issue they are facing. I look forward to this series as we unpack this great question many have, "What's God's Will For Me?" I am not promising a mechanical formula of step one, two, three equals knowing the will of God. What I am promising is God wants you to know His will and there are things you can do today to discern it.
 
One thing I do know; God's will is that we seek to be a bridge of His love to all people. 1 John 4:18 states, "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." I am so proud to be part of church that puts actions behind it's love. Pictured above is Blue Ridge High Principal Renee Watson (center) and teachers as we served them Wednesday morning with Panera bagels and coffee. We're serving the Blue Ridge High marching band dinner Thursday night. We served over 90 kids last week through the Mega Sports ministry and we saw over 40 receive Christ! God's will is being accomplished at Ridgeview Church!
 
See you Sunday!

 

No comments: