Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Recently, my son was invited to a classmate's birthday party. It was one of those parties where many of the kids knew each other and yet many of the parents did not. As the kids ran around playing, having fun, etc., I looked around at the scene before me. Several parents were sitting off to themselves engrossed in their phones. One lady was reading from her Kindle. A few were talking to one another. I must admit in social situations where I do not know many or any people, it is easy for me to suddenly become interested in the Weather Channel app on my phone. But, I had an epiphany that day. I need to "be there" no matter where the "there" is. Wherever I may be and whoever I may be with, I need to be fully there.

Jim Rohn said, "Wherever you are, be there." He also said, "When you work, work. When you play, play. Don't mix the two."

I haven't always done that. Never too late to start!



No comments: