Friday, September 22, 2006

This morning I met with a brother in Christ for breakfast at 6:15 am. I've been meeting with him for about a month. We sit and share together for about an hour. He encourages me in the Lord. He prays for me. I pray for him. Hopefully, I encourage him as well. Jesus says, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20) I've been an education minister in charge of small group Sunday School classes and have helped implement small "home groups" at my currrent church. They are wonderful parts of a church. However, I think there is something really special about two or three gathering together for encouragement, accountability, challenge, prayer, etc. It is the ultimate "small group" and well worth one's time. I know it has been for me!

No comments: