Sunday, June 03, 2007


A Great Weekend!
This weekend was one of those weekends I would like to have more of. Several weeks ago a long time friend, Chris Hall, called me to play golf. I couldn't do it then, but we looked at playing golf this past Friday at a course up the road from my home. I also invited him and his family over to grill burgers that evening. Pictured above is Chris, Kim, Luke, and Eli. Kim is a nurse and just made a huge career move to become the school nurse at Mountain View Elementary School. We had a great evening grilling burgers, catching up, and hanging out and playing in the backyard with the boys. When I say Chris is a long time friend, I mean it. I am 36 years old and I've known Chris since I was 4 or 5.
Then, Saturday morning rolled around and our church had our third "Single Mom's Oil Change" at Mountain View Elementary. I have to admit the first 30 minutes that we officially started I was beginning to think no one would show. But, slowly and steadily for the next 2 1/2 hours we had 16 single moms show up and we changed their oil. There was one lady whose car was 10,000 over the next scheduled oil change but hadn't been able to afford it. What an opportunity to show the love of Christ to these precious ladies!
Finally, Sunday morning rolled around. It's the big day, the time where our church all comes together for corporate worship. Our worship leader was out because his wife had a baby last Tuesday. I'm always nervous when one of our veterans are out, but Milo's replacement, Elizabeth Buck, did a wonderful job and our worship team was sharp! Thanks guys! We had a great turnout this morning and was encouraging to me because last Sunday it seemed 95% of our church was gone to the beach, lake, or Nascar race for Memorial day weekend. The icing on the cake was to see 2 of the ladies whose cars we serviced on Saturday in our worship service. One of those ladies wants more information on how to become a Christian and also one of our long time members brought their 5 year old to me and she also shared she became a Christian and wants to be baptized. I'll take these kind of weekends every time I can get them!

No comments: