Thursday, September 10, 2009

Positive Attitude!
I've read a little over the last couple of months on attitude. I had noticed that mine had begun to drop a bit. I didn't like that at all! Over vacation this summer I read Jeffrey Gitomer's book entitled: Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to find, build, and keep a Yes! Attitude for a lifetime of success. I also read some weeks ago Wayne Cordero's book entitled Attitudes That Attract Success. Then, I came across two excellent podcasts on itunes (which are also free) from Zig Ziglar and Jon Gordon. They are packed with great advice on keeping a positive attitude. I have numerous quotes I've collected over the years and a few pertain to attitude. Two of my favorite are, "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% on how you react to it" (Chuck Swindoll) and "The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude (William James).
One thing I've begun doing is something Zig Ziglar highly recommends called "self talk." Before I go to bed and when I get up I speak positive affirmations. He actually has a self talk card on his website (zigziglar.com). Life will always be filled with challenges and there is always something that we can gripe and complain about. Many of those things we have no control over. But, there is one thing we do have control over and that is our attitude to the stuff of life. So, get up out of bed and say, "It's going to be a great day!" It's amazing when you speak positive affirmations you actually start believing them and it changes your whole day. Try it. It's made a difference in my life.

No comments: