Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mega Sports Camp Opportunity 1 1/2 Weeks Away!

I'm excited about participating in Mega Sports Camp 2011! It will be held again this year at Northwood Baptist Church (888 Ansel School Rd, Greer) beginning Sunday, July 31 through Thursday, August 4. The camp hours are 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and the total cost is $15 which includes a t-shirt, a sports bag, snacks, and tons of fun! Sports offered for kids will be basketball, soccer, cheerleading, and baseball. 

The most exciting part for me is that through the vehicle of sports a number of kids will come to know Jesus Christ! My 40 year old body will be out there each night running, jumping, clapping to the worship songs, kneeling in our sports huddles, and kneeling in prayer with the kids each night. My skills aren't what they used to be; but I believe God is okay with that. He can use me just by being available. Maybe you feel you can't really contribute to a sports camp because there's no way you can get out there and play. That's okay. We'll have plenty of others who can do that. We have opportunities for people who will sacrifice their evenings for five nights for a couple of hours. In return for your investment, the Kingdom of God will grow.

If that's a team you'd like to be a part of, how about emailing me and letting me know you're in. We'll find a place for you on the roster!

Thanks!

No comments: