Friday, July 06, 2007


Summer is here! We went downtown G'ville along with 50,000 other people to watch the fireworks Wednesday night. I love going downtown, but for me it was a bit too crowded for my tastes Wednesday. Anyway, every summer means the annual golf trip with some guys I've known for many years. This summer's trip is being planned by Jon Fowler. We're going to Myrtle Beach. We're all competetive when we play golf but the real enjoyment is the time we get to hang out together. We're all spread out over the Carolinas: Charlotte, Rock Hill, Greenville, Lake City, Charleston. For a few days we come together and I look forward to it every year. Proverbs 17:17 states, "A friend loves at all times..." Everyone needs at least one good friend in life. A friend that is honest with you and will tell you sometimes what you don't want to hear but does it in love. A friend that keeps you accountable making sure your devotion to Christ doesn't waver. As I write these words I am waiting on a new friend for our accountability time here at Panera bread company. Do you have at least 1 person in your life you can truly call friend? If not, don't wait for them. Be proactive and take that first step. It's true: To have a friend you need to be a friend.

No comments: